Drifting away from data privacy to anonymity.
Privacy Badger - My concerns:
- Referer header is still sent to third-party.
- You can still be uniquely identified as the user with no cookie at this ip address.
- If multiple users at your ip address block cookies you can still be uniquely identified by your browser and even css only includes have a high chance of identifying you.
VPNs - My concerns:
- You can't use public VPNs because well sslstrip will come on you sooner or later.
- The use of VPNs may not disclose your location to your average online friend but it is very likely that it will be disclosed anyways.